Over the past couple of weeks I’ve been quite excited to see the appearance of fresh figs in the grocers and have been dreaming of ways to put them to good use in the kitchen.
This Fig, prosciutto and manchego salad seemed like the perfect place to start. There is something ever so good about the pairing of sweet, succulent figs with salty prosciutto. A pairing made in heaven!
The peppery rocket and slightly salty manchego compliment the figs and prosciutto, making this a really scrummy salad and well worth a try.
- 60g rocket and baby spinach leaves
- 4-6 fresh figs, halved or quartered
- 4-6 slices prosciutto
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange the salad leaves, figs and prosciutto on a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- To finish, shave the manchego over the salad using a cheese slicer or vegetable peeler.
- Next time I make this I’m going to add a handful of toasted almonds or walnuts to add another taste sensation and a little more substance.