So after disappearing for almost a month without any warning, I come bearing gifts… these gorgeous Raspberry, macadamia and white chocolate muffins. I hope they can in part make up for my extended absence!?!
I’ve been dreaming of these muffins for the last couple of weeks and looking forward to reclaiming some time in the day to bake a batch to share with you all! Although visually they’re a few steps away from picture perfect (I’m still getting used to the oven in my new home), the combination of raspberries, white chocolate and macadamia is pretty delicious and terribly more-ish.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 90g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, caster sugar, chocolate and macadamias in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the egg, buttermilk and melted butter until combined.
- Add the raspberries and gently fold into the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into pre-lined muffin tray or individual cases.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until muffins turn golden brown and cooked.
- This recipe makes 6 – 12 muffins, depending on the size of the muffin moulds used.