This Fresh lemon and chilli spaghettini is one of those perfect dishes for occasions when you’re craving something fresh and filling, yet find yourself with little time left in the day to step foot in the kitchen.
With only five key ingredients, this meal is simple to prepare and is ready to serve in little more than the time it takes to cook the pasta.
The tart zestiness of the lemon perfectly compliments the subtle but sharp fieriness of the birds eye chilli, producing a deliciously simple dish packed with fresh flavours.
If you feel the need to add some protein to your meal, you can add a couple of roughly torn slices of prosciutto to each dish just before serving.
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 birds eye chillies, de-seeded and sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Small bunch of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Sea salt flakes & freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan, grated, to serve
- Add a pinch of salt to a large saucepan of boiling water, then add the spaghettini.
- Cook for approximately 6-10 minutes, until the pasta is al dente (or as per the packet instructions).
- Once done, remove from the heat and drain using a colander.
- Return the saucepan to the hob, and heat the olive oil and garlic over a medium heat until lightly golden.
- Add the chilli, lemon juice, lemon zest, and parsley (keep a little aside for garnish) and heat for 1 minute.
- Return the pasta to the saucepan and toss until it’s nicely coated with the lemon and chilli sauce.
- Season to taste.
- Divide the pasta between four bowls, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil, garnish with the reserved parsley and serve with finely grated parmesan.