Happy Cinco de Mayo my friends! You’ll have to forgive me for the rather short post today, but I couldn’t let the day pass us by without some sort of recognition to our Mexican friends who are celebrating a national holiday today either in person (or in spirit).
And what better than with a delicious bowl of Guacamole. So fresh. So tasty. And best of all… So Simple! If you’ve never made your own Guacamole before, trust me, once you try this, you’ll never buy the store bought variety again. Enjoy.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- a small handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the seeds, then scoop out the flesh.
- Roughly mush the avocado in medium mixing bowl.
- Add the salt, lime juice, onion*, chilli* and coriander leaves and mix to combine.
- Season with black pepper and more salt if needed.
- If you own a decent sized mortar and pestle, mash the onion and chilli together first to make a rough paste before adding it to the avocado mix.