It’s a particularly grey and gloomy view from my window today. It’s also Wednesday, hump day, and I seem to have a case of the mid-week blues.
So to make a somewhat grey Wednesday a little brighter… well, at least for the berry lovers amongst us, I thought I’d share this quick berry tart with you. I hope it does the trick!
And if you’re tempted to give it a try, then today is about to become a whole lot sweeter as well!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 250g mascarpone
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 400g strawberries, hulled and halved
- 200g raspberries
- 200g blueberries
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the sheet of pastry on the tray and, using a fork, prick the pastry all over.
- Lightly brush the pastry with the egg and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and risen.
- Carefully flip the pastry over, then lightly press down all over to flatten slightly.
- Again, lightly brush the pastry with egg and bake for a further 5 minutes or until the pastry is nice and flaky and golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat the mascarpone in a bowl with the sugar and vanilla extract, until smooth.
- Spread evenly over the cooled pastry, right up to the edges.
- Arrange the fruit on top and dust with icing sugar if desired.
- Serves 4-6.
- This could work equally as well as smaller, individual tarts. Just cut the sheet of pastry into 4 or 6 pieces.